Warhammer Fantasy Battle Reporter Forum

(for WFB & GW games)
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the friendliest forum in the Warhammer World !

Registration is very quick.

(you need a valid email address to activate your account, this is just to prevent advertising spambots - your email address is never shared).

Which enemies do you least enjoy fighting ? (select up to 5)
Beastmen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bretonnia 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Chaos Daemons 19%  19%  [ 11 ]
Dark Elves 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Dwarfs 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
High Elves 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Lizardmen 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Ogre Kingdoms 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Orcs and Goblins 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Skaven 15%  15%  [ 9 ]
The Empire 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Tomb Kings 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vampire Counts 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Warriors of Chaos 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Wood Elves 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy Battle FAQ - Enemy you least enjoy fighting agai
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 am 

Battle Cry !: MUNDS HALDA!
Love: Kislev
Hate: Vampire Counts
Fear: Skaven
Dwarves can be annoying for much the same reason as empire. They are brutal, and pretty unique as an army.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:25 pm 
Major
Major

Hmm. When studying the results, it is intresting how most enjoyable armies are relative new... Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms and Beastmen are all survived without any bad feelings. Then again, skaven - last book of previous edition that was made 8th edition in mind I guess - is taking quite lots of annoyance.

Skavens are difficult to judge, they are way more powerful than many other forces but they are also force that is most likely to destroy itself as well. Haven't faced them for long time and no access to their new book, thus no possibility to study how current rules works along with their... experimental technology. Warpfire throwers surely rocks and ratling gun was about better than volley gun in previous book already.

They. however, really benefits from current edition's habit to favour massed infantry over other troop types. They are cheap because weak leadership; then they have ability to negate that drawback but because it can be also countered, overall effect on model cost is far less than basic leadership 8 would grant. Now when denying ranks has become even more difficult to before, they really gained serious edge about the subject as cavalry units who previously threated flanks has no same effect anymore - and as point cost have risen, there isn't always even exposed flanks to start with.

However, even more interesting thing is that even Empire - and dwarves - gets quite a lot of negative feetback thanks to their gunpowder, they are still somewhere middle ground when comes to real disliking. They are sharing the middle ground with Bretonnians, while six forces have more and six have less agro on them.

Should search and find out the most like opponents and value those statistics for these.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:46 am 
Militiaman
Militiaman

Battle Cry !: Malo mori quam foedari!
Love: The Empire
Hate: Tomb Kings
Fear: Warriors of Chaos
I voted for Daemons. I will qualify this by saying, that the reason I do not enjoy playing them is simply that they are a little bit one dimensional at times. I find the same issue with other armies too, but when you add to the mix that Daemons are tough/fast (not a good combo for my Empire :shock: ), it can make battles a little frustrating at times.

However, I do think that Daemons are a vital part of Warhammer fluff and gaming, so I am glad they exist in the hobby...unlike the Tomb Kings :cry:

and winter makes a silent sound.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:14 pm 
Major
Major

Daemons one dimensional?

That is most unlikely choice of words I would have expected from Daemons. Thank you, Wolfram, you just made my day. I really needed that.

I undertand what you mean, and yes, having force that ignore psychology and armour save modifiers (and mostly whole shooting phase) is indeed lacking certain depth. Sort of auto-piloted force in some extend. Point and click. Add slime trail and no need to worry even for facings anymore...

But one dimensional? Heh. That was good. Daemons are most multi-dimensional force as we can get it and not only in fluff-wise. I mean, simply base-swamp allows them to be used in 40k..

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:47 pm 
Militiaman
Militiaman

Battle Cry !: Malo mori quam foedari!
Love: The Empire
Hate: Tomb Kings
Telepfenion wrote:
Daemons one dimensional?

That is most unlikely choice of words I would have expected from Daemons. Thank you, Wolfram, you just made my day. I really needed that.

I undertand what you mean, and yes, having force that ignore psychology and armour save modifiers (and mostly whole shooting phase) is indeed lacking certain depth. Sort of auto-piloted force in some extend. Point and click. Add slime trail and no need to worry even for facings anymore...

But one dimensional? Heh. That was good. Daemons are most multi-dimensional force as we can get it and not only in fluff-wise. I mean, simply base-swamp allows them to be used in 40k..

I was going to make of point of saying "no pun intended", but decided against it...seems that maybe I should have :lol: I am glad however you managed to grasp the core meaning of my post though.

and winter makes a silent sound.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:14 pm 

Battle Cry !: MUNDS HALDA!
Love: Kislev
Hate: Vampire Counts
Fear: Skaven
Go all khorne point and click lists! How do you beat that? Its ridiculous

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:46 pm 
Major
Major

Heh. I guess I would have broke whenever pun would have intented or not or pure accident. So fitting yet and still so wrong. Simply briliant.

All Khorne list? Well.. Depents point level and table size. If they can't get in the combat, they can't do anything at all. Having fast cavalry with ranged weaponry around and those dance Khornetes off the table. Easier say than done but workable. Terradons and skinks or warhawk riders with scout support (or if Wood Elves had fast cavalry as core troops, even better!).

Of course, horde of bloodletters is probably one most difficult unit to deal in fair, direct fight. You need to get someone to their flank, and minimize return attacks. I like syphon those mega hammer units with mini flagellants in gongo-row. While tricly, potentially only one letter is fighting back and we all know that flagellants aren't going anywhere...

But yes, hard nut to break in general. As simplified and honed to its goal - wrecking everyone's face.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:13 am 
Newly Enlisted
Newly Enlisted

Battle Cry !: Get off your knees & wipe your chin.
Love: Wood Elves
Hate: Daemons of Chaos
Fear: No one!
After about a 5 year drought of games I'm happy just to be back playing regularly! But if I had to pick it would be Daemons of chaos. Ward saves are annoying!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:20 pm 
Peasant

Love: High Elves
Hate: Beastmen
I don't find Daemons that bad... granted I play High Elves and often have Alarielle who has a wonderful knack for making Daemons go 'poof.' My least favorite army to square off against are Ogres. Whole armies of multi-attack, multi-wound models with cannons and a surprising amount of magic is a pain, and a big mix up from the majority of armies out there.