Warhammer Fantasy Battle Reporter Forum

(for WFB & GW games)
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 am

Welcome
Welcome to the friendliest forum in the Warhammer World !

Registration is very quick.

(you need a valid email address to activate your account, this is just to prevent advertising spambots - your email address is never shared).

Post subject: Army Book: Gits from the Cripple Peak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:44 pm 
Peasant

Love: --- choose one ---
Hate: --- choose one ---
Fear: --- choose one ---
Hello everyone. I just registered so I'm new here. Excuse me if this is the wrong forum for subjects like this. I already posted this on the other forum, didn't know if I posted it into a wrong category. I excuse myself for the wrong writing, I don't speak and write english that often :)

So I just worked on an (other) alternate Goblin Army setting. I already know the Hobgoblin armybook and it was a great treasure for me. Inspired by such alternation for a goblin army I thought about a near Nagashizzar living goblin tribe and nation of many other tribes. UPDATE 07/2015: I worked a lot on the army list… again. There are some major updates and new thoughts. This whole army book will work on the 8. edition basis.

Escaping from the Tirrany of the Clan Riekek who send thousands of slaves in the caves, both orc and goblin refugees flow in the mountain regions, getting away from Nagashizzar. A very huge part settled in the north and east of Nagashizzar, the Broken Teeth, the Plain of Bones and near the Desolation of Nagash.

The once enslave had faced so many brutalities, that they were scarred by the struggle and now stronger and battle hardened. Some gits and flown slaves where changed by the influence of the warpstone holes and the cruel skaven "improvements" of their working masses and thousands were infected and became will-less zombies. Gits like Jazquall Deadface, who had suffered badly injuries by the warpstone that burned his face, fought after long time in heavy battles against the skaven and undead armies in Nagashizzar. Somehow he managed himself to focus his power and to escape the inevitable death. With the help of the orcs that were in cage of Clan Riekek and the scared goblin masses he fought his way out and led the tribeless scattered troops. His worst enemy was a crazed Necromancer. He only faced him after a desperate battle and killed him with the found old magical spear "Hexkilla". With the dead of the Necromancer he achieved the respect of the horde and started to plan the escape out of the Cripple Peak.

As they got far enough from the deadly pits, they soon found crypts and caves from older human settlements and looted most of them. Jazquall united the most influential war bosses. Some goblin warbosses had served in a bigger tribe that was enslaved entirely by the Riekek Klan. By studying their fighting techniques he started from scratch to build his new army. His undead warriors were feared and followed him to the end.

Settling more and more in the new territories, he had to step into a dangerous territory that was settled by scattered human tribes, that were enraged by the looting of their holy places. Luckily, Jazquall followers were many and he had looted enough armory to form a strong army. Battle by battles the once mighty tribes of humans lost most of their influence in this region.

But Jazquall's life was still in danger. Quickly he learned about the danger of his orc comrades and fighters. They had a serious problem in giving him respect properly. Some already plotted to murder him in the sleep, so that they would take over his crown. As he found out he took advantage and started slaughtering the most posing ones. The numerous killings build up his mask of terror. From now on he called himself the Deadface.

After years he had become, for a goblin, a tactical genius by forming his own army in a completely new way. He started paying off his orc fighters with fancy stuff and watched carefully at the biggest ones who come too near to him. By the years of owning the throne of more and more "territories" of his kingdom, he decided to sit back a little more and not intervene in to all battles. But when he did, he gave trust to his breeding of terrorwolves and led the line from behind.

So this is mostly the story of the clan leader of the Clawbreaka tribe, the biggest of the tribe around, an influential boss of the Old Time. As Jazquall died like a goblin would do, backstabbed by his follower, the empire of the Clawbreakas with his vasalls got bigger. The story will be continued.

Jazquall build somewhere a city in the style of Kappadokia with the help of bugs who are tamed by mystical gits that can communicate with them. These bugs live also in older tunnel systems.

So far I had ideas for the units:

Lord

Goblin Warboss ca 75 Points
M 4, WS 5, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 4, A 4, MO 8
Has an enter for heavy armor, shield, add. weapon, two hand. Can ride a wolf, chariot or a terror wolf.

Goblin Shaman ca 155 Points
M 4, WS 2, BS 3, S 3, T 4, W 3, I 2, A 1, MO 7
With a own form of waaagh lore. I don't know exactly til now. Maybe a weakened lore from the death lore. They also use dead waaagh energy and such for binding lower but still dangerous bone or ghosts of vengeance.

Goblin Tribun ca 110 Points
M 4, WS 6, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 5, A 4, MO 9
Prepaid heavy armor, shield, spear and javelin. Only on foot. He must be in a unit of the Toothed Guard. All units in this unit gain Immune to Psychology.

Heroes

Goblin Garg ca 35 Points
M 4, WS 4, BS 3, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 3, A 3, MO 7
Has an enter for heavy armor, shield, add. weapon, two hand. Can ride a wolf, chariot or a terror wolf

Goblin Shaman ca 55 Points
M 4, WS 2, BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 2, I 2, A 1, MO 6

Orc Boss ca 70 Points
M 4, WS 5, BS 3, S 4, T 5, W 2, I 3, A 3, MO 8

Goblin Killer ca 60-70 Points
M 5, WS 6, BS 5, S 4, T 4, W 2, I 5, A 3, MO 8

The killers of the warlords. They have high improvements on Movement, WS, BF, I and also a little more Morale. Can not wear armor, can have an additional weapon and small range weapons. They hate maybe Orcs, hide and always take care of their morale and can't use the one of the general.

Think about pimping them up (even costly) with poisoned attacks.

Animals

Terror wolf 30-40 Points
M 9, WS 3, BS 0, S 4, T 4, W 3, I 3, A 3, MO 8
A wolf with 3 LP, big as a Gigantula (base). Have already the stats. Causes fear.

Wolf 6 Points
M 9, WS 3, BS 0, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, MO 3

Cerabula ca. 190-240 Points
Big Bug that can tunnel and appear in the battle field. I still don't have the newest army book of the Orks & Goblins, but this bug will be less deadly than that Arachnarok thing :) .

Here some thoughts to the stats
M 7, WS 3, BS 0, S 5, T 5, W 6, I 3, A 6, MO -
Large Target, Obstacle Strider, Rending, Immune to Psychology, Stubborn, Swiftstrider, Terror, Armor Save 4+.

Plus they can be updated to a Battle Fortress (Armor Save 3+) or Firebug (with flamethrower type warmachine on top). Just my first toughts. :)

Core

Goblin fighters 3 Points
M 4, WS 2, BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 2, A 1, MO 6
Normal goblin fighters with options to shortbows, spears and shield. Light armor.

The Toothed Guard 4 Points
M 4, WS 3, BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 2, A 1, MO 7
Gits that are hardened enough and get some reputation will be called up by the Warboss and enter a special force. These gits will get paid actually in contrary to the regular git units, living better than the others. But they are forced to serve also in peace time, marching and fighting for the General, who they swore their life. These gits will get better armor/ward against ranged attacks, I don't know actually how, but it's on the bigger shield which they use in a turtle like formation. And they use javelins as the Psilas, as they learned about the strength which lies on this weapon.

Psilas ca 4,5 Points
M 4, WS 2, BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 2, A 1, MO 6
Psila was a crazy git, with a lot of courage. But he was too weak to fight in Toothed Guard. By commanding a big unit of spearmen against another goblin tribe he smashed surprisingly an enemy unit of spearmens in the battle and let his mate loot their spears, using them as deadly javelins against their next enemy. This technique surprised the General on this battle and he formed a new unit which became popular in the longer inner Greenskin wars of the Clawbreaka tribe. These gits are gits with throwing spears and they are in frenzy, as only the craziest of them were selected in the "Psilas". They can somehow move in direction to the enemy and throwing the spears, instead of rushing directly in the enemy. They don't wear armor though.

Wolf riders
M 4, WS 3, BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 2, A 1, MO 7

Snotlings
M 4, WS 2, BS 0, S 2, T 2, W 1, I 3, A 3, MO 3

Vangaz guard ca 7 Points
M 4, WS 4, BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 3, A 1, MO 7
This unit has its traditions from an older special unit in the late wars of Jazquall. A git named Vanga and a few of his mates fought with him, proving themself as tough fighters, swinging large long axes. They are its in heavy armor and two handed axes. They can wear shields, have more WS, I and morale. These are the personal warriors of the bosses, so they have a maximum on the Warbosses and Gargs in the army.

This tribe wouldn't afford slave units, as any git in the tribe has to give it all to. Also most of them were already in slavery.

not finished

Special

Vangaz guard ca 7 Points
This unit has its traditions from an older special unit in the late wars of Jazquall. A git named Vanga and a few of his mates fought with him, proving themself as tough fighters, swinging large long axes. They are its in heavy armor and two handed axes. They can wear shields, have more WS, I and morale. These are the personal warriors of the bosses, so they have a maximum on the Warbosses and Gargs in the army.

Orc fighters
M 4, WS 3, BS 3, S 3, T 4, W 1, I 3, A 1, MO 7

Spearslugga

Katacarranz ca 15 Points
These are the other hardened fighters of the Bosses. Of course these were one of the best fighters of the tribe in the past and are now. The riders wear heavy armor, have the stats of the Vangaz guard (more WS/Morale), but the wolves suffer on movement and are far away from light cavalry. They can be armored with spears and have shields.

Manticarranz
These riders ride on mantis like bugs. That's right.

Wolf chariot

Thinking about a similar bow type cavalry with no big armor and stuff but better BF and maybe better bows. I think there was a similar one in the hobgoblin army.

Rare

Returned Goblins ca 9 Points
Looking for a cool name in english (I'm speaking german normally :D). These are undead or near death, brainfouled gits. They still stick with his gits, even if they look pretty scary. They cause fear, have 2 attacks, undead (Morale 6), more Toughness and more Initiative and do also attack with poison. They don't wear any armor, the most is unusable. They can't march though.

Bone Ghost ca 35 Points
Weaker than the Vampire Count ghost swarm, but still etheral and causing fear being undead. Ment to be built in more bases.

Trolls
There are trolls there. They're not swamp nor stone trolls and have only a little hardened skin. Not sure now, maybe I wrote more Big Grin .

not finished.

I can also post some pictures time by time.

So, what do you think? Is this even possible to work on and post it on here?

First Post updated! (25.04.2015)

Jazquall

Last edited by Jazquall on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Army Book: Gits from the Cripple Peak
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 pm 
Peasant

I have to update and discuss with you about some things for sure, for example the heavy armot equipped by the better combat gits (katakarrans and longaxes). I'm already in building some of them and give them cool helmets to improve the impressure of heavier armor. But it should be build bulky and so the units suffer on movement (or initiative, both would be too much in my opinion). Withe the longaxes they already hit at last.

I'm also in painting some core units, just stepping into anything. A big bug is also in the making, but maybe for another army. Designs on paper will follow and I hope soon the first finished regiments, especially those longaxes and armored riders. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:56 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Hey. All looks good. There just a couple of things I’d stay away from, or should I say, not do. Stay as streamlined rules-wise as possible. That means, if there is a special rule in the main rulebook you can use, use it, or don’t change stats if you don’t need to, or don’t apply unnecessary additional rules that is not needed; example, modifier to movement for wearing heavy armour.

Goblin Gravesniffers? Returned Goblins has the exacts same rules as ghouls, so I gather they act like ghouls too, plundering graveyards :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:31 am 
Peasant

Hey, thanks for the reply and first feedback! I had some ideas adding more and more units, I will try to update the first post soon. :)

Here some thoughts about changing some stats:

Goblin Boss/Lord: Remove the +1 bonus WS/Ld. Even if the gits should be more hardened than the ordinary gits around the world the gargs and waaagh boss stats already are pretty good for gits. Of course they are cheaper then.

Longaxes/Heavy armor: I know there are also heavy armors for gits in the Hobgoblin Army book with no -1 penalty on Movement. But I like how goblin unit rules (or maybe my idea of goblin rules) actually works. Because they are so weak/cheap at points (and do benefit of low costs), special units might have improvements and better rules than the ordinary gits, but still have little faults. Especially when the improvements seem too mighty for them, for example heavy armor for gits. Gits aren't the strongest and they aren't good craftsmen/smiths too. So they have already issues in patching up bits together to make an effective (heavy) armor. When we look at heavy armor in the Orcs & Goblins armies, black orcs already wear massive plate and still it only works as heavy armor - and they have the orc physic for ignoring penalties on movement. Gits won't ever, even if the long axes and katakarranz are the best fighters of 'em. Maybe the -1 Movement could be displaced with a rule of not tracking fleeing units or a penalty on Initiative.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:22 pm 
Peasant

This are the small towns occupied/build by the Clawkilla tribes and their other tribes. They surely adapted some of the house building from the former human settlers, mostly barbarian tribes. These towns equal sometimes fortresses and there are even more bigger ones and some are even build in the caves.

These gits are the heavy infantry of the Cripple Peak Gits and earned some skills in the previous battle grounds. This regiment is inspired and adapted by an older regiment, paid by Jazquall in the past centuries (Jazquall himself is dead counting on these days Warhammer years). Some say that these gits where gits from the northern part and they were known as brawling drunk gits with a bad temper. Jazqall saw their potential and paid them as mercenaries at first, giving them also land or little towns. Also their equipment was the finest of the bosses sources. In the years some longaxe bosses earned also a reputation and the regiment became a big part of the army. I referring also on the Varangian Guard of the Byzantine Empire. Maybe I will mix a more goblin name :D

Attachments:
2015-04-13 23.06.07.jpg
2015-04-13 23.06.07.jpg [ 280.21 KiB | Viewed 11228 times ]
2015-04-13 23.05.09.jpg
2015-04-13 23.05.09.jpg [ 296.84 KiB | Viewed 11229 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Hey no problem. :)
I have troubles following your logic here concerning heavy armour and long axes (im guessing you mean great weapons in warhammer terms?). My logic is that if you are strong enough to effectively wield a great axe, you are strong enough to wear a heavy armor. Now, what you could do is make the long axes work like a halberd and slap a always strike last special rule if they wear heavy armor? I don’t know... seems like a unnecessary rules to me.

I would definitely not call them Varangian guard, but thats probably just me, as a Norse book creator, thought of a “norse unit” being redone as a goblin unit...blasphemous hehe.

Nice drawings. Yours? If so, I envy your talent :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:04 am 
Peasant

Yes these are mines. More will follow. It's a good chance to see if I can master such a project and put in also real artworks. :)

Besides... check out my BUG SELFIE... joke, maybe this is a tunneling monster for the Cripple Peak Git army

Attachments:
20150414_155818.jpg
20150414_155818.jpg [ 1004.08 KiB | Viewed 10923 times ]
20150414_160623.jpg
20150414_160623.jpg [ 947.39 KiB | Viewed 10925 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm 
Peasant

I left my workshop (mommies place :D ) and got back to my flatmate. I give it a little break, but as soon as I can I will continue my works on this project.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:05 am 
Peasant

My flatmate was getting sick and I fled back to the gits lair. At first I didn't want to put so much time in this army these days as I had to practice on drawing (I study Illustration design in Hamburg), but I noticed that I was pushing myself too hard into something, so I decided to relax instead and continue building the army and it worked well! I'm also planning 2 3.000 point games against beastmen and dwarfs in ca 1-2 months and will try out this list and a lotta tactics. Also I have to update my new thoughts on the list. Here are some first pictures!

Attachments:
2015-04-21 06.47.48.jpg
2015-04-21 06.47.48.jpg [ 339.38 KiB | Viewed 8721 times ]
2015-04-21 06.47.17.jpg
2015-04-21 06.47.17.jpg [ 324.35 KiB | Viewed 8721 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:20 am 
Peasant

In this serie you can see the bug (still "unarmoured" and without riders), legionair type gits (those with better shields) that will have javelins and a shield formation against ranged attacks, a few gits that will become the longaxes and of course this huge bug again ;) . As I refer much on ex roman/byzantine empire (javelins, heavy cavalry and such) and also turkish landscapes(somehow scattered big tribe by the Skavens) I also thought about Kappadokian style build cities and strongholds. But the digging into the soil (big holes) is largely done by these big bugs that come along with the gits. As a unit they may tunnel into battle and cause some trouble. it will be pimped up with armor and stikks everywhere as soon as I used it also for my insects project in the univeraity :D

The painting is of course on a low process and there are some old ones so excuse me for now :D

Attachments:
2015-04-21 06.48.45.jpg
2015-04-21 06.48.45.jpg [ 331.76 KiB | Viewed 8721 times ]
2015-04-21 06.48.18.jpg
2015-04-21 06.48.18.jpg [ 351.57 KiB | Viewed 8721 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm 
Peasant

I made a little update on the first post, put more information on the army history and an update of the army list...

Attachments:
File comment: These Gits are only a few from the Vangaz guard of my army. I'm using Fimo Air, pretty cool stuff! They will have some plate pieces, as they have heavy armour.
20150425_180824.jpg
20150425_180824.jpg [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 7896 times ]
File comment: And these Gits are a few from the Toothed guard. They have javelins on their back.
20150425_181000.jpg
20150425_181000.jpg [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 7896 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:46 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I don't know if you seen this:

http://www.randyelliottart.com/Commissions

But its a end times document with multiple goblin army lists from various areas in warhammer. Might be worth taking a look at, snatch ideas or maybe use a full army list from it. Its very well done, even tho I personally think the layout could have been done a lot better.

Sorry for lack of feedback, but I am currently fully occupied writing the End Times story concerning my Norse, which I will probably post soon on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:34 am 
Peasant

I just looked at it yesterday - and no I didn't know this document before. Looks pretty nice, even though I already knew the different git units like the Dust goblins, Troglagobs, Fire goblin etc. as I had seen them on a White Dwarf YEARS ago. But there are definately some fresh ideas I could have a use from. Thanks for the advice!

And thanks for the reply, I also have looked up your project and army book. I hope I can design mine in a similar way. I'm also tryin to get now more and more seriously into digital painting and I have the programs I might use for designing everything. I would also like to do some fan work for other army books. I'm also into building a little Hobgobbo army soon and then I might start with another, away from all tha gits :D , but first I will work on this project.

Uh yeah, End Times. I read some stuff about it, but still not that much. I also read about the rumors of the upcoming edition, which I await with very different thoughts about it. I think the way the units will be changed (even though, which units will remain??) may be very interesting, but the loss of the armies is a shame and I hope it's only for a short time (Dark Ages in Warhammer? :D ). My thoughts about it concerning the Gits of the Cripple Peak? As the history of this army lays way back (the armies "founder" or "savior" escapes the pits of Nagash in its Great Ritual in the year -1151) I still have to develop much of the history in the times where not everything is in a "bubble" or anything like that. I have lots of ideas about Jazqualls followers and many inspirations from various sources. My interest is making that army book fitting in the actual edition first. I will have to buy the O&G army book soon, even if it will be updated soon by the new edition and have a greater look on the new rule book I had in hands a couple of times (and which I like for now). Or what do you think?

Oh and please: Get your awesome work on the Norse! If you need some feedback I will overlook the army list a second and third time and try to gather some thoughts about it. And I really appreciate your concern about my project. I will follow attendant the development of armies in this forum. Oh and the Author of that Goblin army book is awesome, a true inspiration! :)

Jazquall

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:42 am 
Peasant

I had a look in the development of my beastmen enemy that will have ogerkin, barbarians and beastmen hordes together, he will use a own list as well which I might give him help developing. But this army looks like full of heavy hitters. And the statistics of the troops are much better than the gitses, even with better git fighters. He won't have chaos warriors but a cruel heavy cavalry with tuskgor barbarians with armor pretty much demonize the chaos knight alternative. We will have a battle in 1-2 months with 2500 points, me playing these gitses. This will be pretty scary as any of his units could crush easily through my front line and my fighters will struggle with the high ws and toughness AND armor (in some cases heavy). I began building a second orc unit but I don't want to use much more. I will show later a little army list and my thoughts about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:16 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Yup, think you will struggle against such gruesome forces, but sounds like fun tho :)