Warhammer Fantasy Battle Reporter Forum

(for WFB & GW games)
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am

Welcome
Welcome to the friendliest forum in the Warhammer World !

Registration is very quick.

(you need a valid email address to activate your account, this is just to prevent advertising spambots - your email address is never shared).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 2nd Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:00 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Battle Cry !: Retreat !
Love: Vampire Counts
Hate: Dwarfs
Fear: Dark Elves

Latest updates, highlights and development plans on Battle Reporter blog

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 9th Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:21 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

The Army Strengths and Weaknesses Poll was added yesterday and seems to be working quite well and generating some discussion on some forums (I'll add a link to the page to point to a discussion thread here).

I've blogged all about it here:- Battle Reporter - WHFB Army Strengths and Weaknesses

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 9th Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:50 am 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added Merry Slaughter (most enjoyable army match ups) and Chosen of the Dice Gods (luckiest winning armies) to the WFB Battlefields page [data taken from the Luck & Fun sliders on the Add Battle page]

I think the pages make quite interesting reading - it gives me a chance to show off some of the army pics too :-) Vampires, Tomb Kings and Wood Elves are all quite close to the top when it comes to needing a little lady luck. Interestingly, the two top armies in the rankings (Warriors of Chaos and Dark Elves) is the favourite battle match up and it seems Lizardmen enjoy their games least, the best of which is a battle against Daemons.

More info about the Battlefields page on the Battle Reporter blog.

Page collapsed...

Bitter Rivals...

Merry Slaughter...

Chosen of the Dice Gods...

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 15th Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added a new section to the Hobby Choices poll results page.

It shows which army collectors own, paint, want, love, loathe and fear each other army.

I've blogged the details with some observations here:- WFBattles - Army Collections (blogged)

And here's the WFBattles page under the "Polls" section:- Member's Army Collections

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 22nd Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I'm working on a new navigation menu for WFBattles and, possibly, a new header too.

The new header will have a different logo, the total battle and member count on the left and user stats (plus scribe, seer and prestige rank) on the right - see image below.

The current left sidebar buttons will be replaced with a horizontal dropdown menu which opens up (on click) a categorised menu of links to related pages.

The page will become slightly wider which will allow me to use the left hand sidebar for other stuff, I'm currently thinking:-

1) A top 5 winning armies list with army icon) and

top 10 lists for...

2) member prestige with member rank
    3) scribes (battle report writers)
    4) seers (members rating other people's battles)

What I'm really after is some feeback with your thoughts, whether you like the format or not and what info you'd like to see in the sidebar if I go ahead with the changes.

Thanks folks,
Sigmar

The header...

The header and menu after the "Battles" menu item has been clicked...

Note that, when logged in, members will see additional options in the menu relating to their account, such as their personal battle list, profile, polls etc.

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 28nd Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:59 pm 
Newly Enlisted
Newly Enlisted

Battle Cry !: Get off your knees & wipe your chin.
Love: Wood Elves
Hate: Daemons of Chaos
Fear: No one!
I like the new look. I have a suggestion also. On the battlefields page where a pie chart of all the bloodshed is displayed, could this graphic be incorporated in to the personal profile page? So that when I look at my profile of the battles I have recorded, below that a pie chart of all the blood spilled? I would like to see something like that, and as I intend to record all the battles of WFB I play from now until Armageddon it might be cool to have. That said, you spend so much time on the site tweaking it, I feel a bit of a duck (replace u with an i) for asking. While I am being duckish, how about two new categories in the battle results for heavy defeats and wins? One result being 'Tabled opponent' the other 'I got schooled' . Once again don't mind me I'm a duck. :D

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 28nd Nov 2013)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Ratlizardelfguy wrote:
I like the new look. I have a suggestion also. On the battlefields page where a pie chart of all the bloodshed is displayed, could this graphic be incorporated in to the personal profile page? So that when I look at my profile of the battles I have recorded, below that a pie chart of all the blood spilled? I would like to see something like that, and as I intend to record all the battles of WFB I play from now until Armageddon it might be cool to have. That said, you spend so much time on the site tweaking it, I feel a bit of a duck (replace u with an i) for asking. While I am being duckish, how about two new categories in the battle results for heavy defeats and wins? One result being 'Tabled opponent' the other 'I got schooled' . Once again don't mind me I'm a duck. :D

Great suggestions RLEG, thanks for making them and don't feel a duck :-) Keep those ideas coming.

I'll add your suggestions to my "under consideration" list. I'll be changing the menu first and then I'll take a look into them. There will be a new member stats page with a snapshot of all the numbers so I'll be able to fit some other things on there if you have any more ideas.

Thansk again,
Sigmar

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 4th Dec 2013)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:54 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Hi RLEG,

I like your ideas and will be implementing them as follows:-

1) There will be a new Stats Summary page in the User Profile section which will include all user stats in one place, including your Battlefields pie chart suggestion
2) There will be a check box option included on the Add Battles page to allow the poster to select "Massacre" (either for or against them, as appropriate - except for draws)

Thanks for the excellent ideas, please keep them coming.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:49 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I have updated the Members Roster page to give people the option of excluding those members from the Win% ranking who have not posted Battle Report links or Battle Notes when they added their battles.

You have the option of setting your own qualifying criteria for Battle Notes which is set at a default of 500 characters [approx. 6 sentences] (see image below and read on) :-

1) Click the check box to only rank members who have posted a link or notes
    2) Choose the number of characters written in the Battle Notes that you consider sufficient*...
    ...then Hit enter or tab away from the characters text box

* add 1500 to the characters text box if you want to exclude all battles except those with Batrep links.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Hi Folks,

If anybody is wondering about the proliferation of video battle reports it's because I have been adding them on behalf of YouTube battle reporters. I have generally done so with the permission of those that I've managed to contact, ie. those that replied to me who have all been very pleased with the idea. I'm assuming that the others won't mind because the links go straight back to their YouTube videos and thus they get more views and hopefully subscribers.

With regards to Fun and Luck, I am leaving them both on the default of 50/50 unless the YouTuber specifically says something about how enjoyable the game was or I spot particularly lucky or unlucky dice rolls as I watch.

For Best Unit Type, Troop Type and Phase, I am basing this on my own interpretation of the battles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:03 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

ImageI blogged a summary of highlights and interesting observations for anybody who fancies a quick overview :- Are Dark Elves really now the strongest Warhammer Army ?

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 7th Dec 2013)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:57 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Just a quick update folks...

Not a lot to report this week because most of my time has been consumed with Christmas shopping, parties etc and I haven't been actively promoting the site on Facebook over the past week so a few less joiners than usual.

I should have enough time free this week to complete the new menu system and the new Member Profile summary stats page so there should be a lot more to say this time next week.

Don't forget to keep adding your battles folks.

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 15th Dec 2013)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:51 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

We now have over 370 tournament battles (and 1,000+ friendlies) so I thought I'd add a filter to give visitors the option of checking out which armies perform best in tourneys or friendlies only (tourney's tend to be played by somewhat more experienced gamers and can distort the stats a bit - check out Bretonnia's position!)

WFB Army vs Army Tables

Blogged here:- Tournament vs Friendly Warhammer Fantasy Army performance

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 21st Dec 2013)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:45 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I keep forgetting to mention that you can link from any forum, blog or website to your own battles simply by adding the below to your blog / website / forum signature :-

• http://www.wfbattles.com/Battles.aspx?MemberLowered=sigmar

Obviously, you have to replace "sigmar" with your own member name and it must be in lower case (no capital letters).

I've added a note to the Links & Credits page and blogged about it in more detail (sharing your Batrep links) mainly for the benefit of forum users*

* (I've included the BBCode used in forums and an optional banner which you can resize or exclude)

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 23rd Dec 2013)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:40 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

PS. because we're getting quite a lot of battles with no notes or links to batreps, I am also going to add a filter to the ArmiesVs page to give a visitor the option to only include battles which have been "evidenced" by links and/or extensive notes (probably 500+ characters).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next