Warhammer Fantasy Battle Reporter Forum

(for WFB & GW games)
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am

Welcome
Welcome to the friendliest forum in the Warhammer World !

Registration is very quick.

(you need a valid email address to activate your account, this is just to prevent advertising spambots - your email address is never shared).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 6th Feb 2014)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Battle Cry !: Retreat !
Love: Vampire Counts
Hate: Dwarfs
Fear: Dark Elves
Hi folks,

I thought I'd better let you know what's happening... I've got quite a few development plans (esp. the new menu system and new user stats page and I have some new ideas for the campaign allowing members to choose map areas to attack) but I haven't had much of a chance to do anything hobby related recently.

I've spent the last 10 days visiting my Dad in hospital and the previous month helping my Mum and Dad move house. My Dad is back home now and is still my priority but his return does mean I'll be able to crack on with some development work at night so hopefully I'll have more to report soon.

Keep on hammering folks,
Sigmar

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 6th Feb 2014)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Battle Cry !: "For Sigmar!"
Love: The Empire
Hate: Warriors of Chaos
Don't apologise. I'm inactive on the gaming front right now though, so don't expect any battles from me anytime soon. :-P

NK.

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum
Noble Korhedron has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 21st Feb 2014)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:24 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I have added a filter to the Member's Roster page to allow visitors to see member Win% ranks by Tournament / Friendly or All Battles. See green ellipse in below image:-

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 21st Feb 2014)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:29 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added a section to the Battlefields page named Professional Mercenaries & Fun Foes.

It shows the armies listed in order of Fun and Skill (combined) and the enemy they demonstrate the most skill* against and had the most fun battling (where the result was a win or a draw).

* skill is defined as requiring the least Luck (ie. 100 - Luck as recorded on the add Battle page)

I've blogged about it in more detail here:- Professional Mercenaries & Fun Foes

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 27th Feb 2014)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:32 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added a new section to the ArmiesVs page which shows which armies are most active against which enemies for tournaments / friendlies or all battles. You can also filter out battles which don't include batrep links or extensive battle report notes (1,000+ characters).

I've blogged about it in more detail on the Battle Reporter Blog (Warhammer Army vs Army analysis).

I've also tidied up the ArmiesVs page by hiding the notes (which can be expanded by clicking "Expand Key") and by overriding the default sort for the grid columns so that they sort from high to low eg. best performing armies to worst (which, presumably is what people are most interested in seeing at the top)

Next up, I'm adding Scenario choices (eg. Battleline, Watchtower, Blood & Glory etc) and a "Crushing Victory/Defeat" option to the Add Battle page.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm 
Newly Enlisted
Newly Enlisted

Battle Cry !: Get off your knees & wipe your chin.
Love: Wood Elves
Hate: Daemons of Chaos
Fear: No one!
I was playing a game of triumph & treachery (the supplement for WFB), it was an immense hoot! I played skaven vs Daemons of Chaos (Nurgle) vs Daemons of Chaos (Slaanesh) vs Warriors of Chaos ve Ogre Kingdoms. 1500 points a side. Dirty tricks being played on each other, alliances made and swiftly broken, such a refreshing change from serious competitive play. A previous game to that was my Wood Elves with allied Brettonians vs Daemons of Chaos / Warriors of Chaos. So anyway my suggestion is could you make the army selection section more than one force, either by allowing an allies drop down menu or multiple choices?

Just a thought. I love the site as it is though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:09 am 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Ratlizardelfguy wrote:
I was playing a game of triumph & treachery (the supplement for WFB), it was an immense hoot! I played skaven vs Daemons of Chaos (Nurgle) vs Daemons of Chaos (Slaanesh) vs Warriors of Chaos ve Ogre Kingdoms. 1500 points a side. Dirty tricks being played on each other, alliances made and swiftly broken, such a refreshing change from serious competitive play. A previous game to that was my Wood Elves with allied Brettonians vs Daemons of Chaos / Warriors of Chaos. So anyway my suggestion is could you make the army selection section more than one force, either by allowing an allies drop down menu or multiple choices?

Just a thought. I love the site as it is though.

That's quite a "biggy" I think. I might be able to do it as a kind of bolt on option (maybe a pop up). I've got some changes planned to the "Add Battle" page so let me have a think about it.

Thanks for the suggestion Ratlizardelfguy, appreciated.

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 8th Mar 2014)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:49 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added some new Avatars for the Add Battle page, I'll also be using these for a new section on the Battles page which shows members the highest rated battles that they've not yet read/watched (ie. rated).

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 8th Mar 2014)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:03 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added a filter to the ArmiesVs page which enables you to select the Battle sizes (pt values) to include in the Army vs Army, Army Matrix and Battle Count tables.

Army League table by pts value of battle...

Army Matrix summary by pts value of battle...

Battle Count by pts value....

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 14th June 2014)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:24 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've added a new link beneath the banner which will take you to the best rated batreps on the battles page (ranked in order of average member rating)

There is also a button on the battles page which will allow you to toggle between the default (date added sort) and the batrep rating sort (excluding battles you have already rated - allowing you to keep a track of which batreps you've already read or viewed on YouTube).

There's a full explanation of the new features on the Battle Reporter blog here.

Before the button is clicked...

After the button is clicked - with batreps sorted by average rating and batreps you've already rated filtered out...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:20 pm 
Newly Enlisted
Newly Enlisted

Battle Cry !: Get off your knees & wipe your chin.
Love: Wood Elves
Hate: Daemons of Chaos
Fear: No one!
Liking the new best battles you haven't rated bit. One question, could you maybe add a filter for battle reports and video reports? I may be a bit old fashioned but I much prefer pictures and words as opposed to videos. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:24 am 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Ratlizardelfguy wrote:
Liking the new best battles you haven't rated bit. One question, could you maybe add a filter for battle reports and video reports? I may be a bit old fashioned but I much prefer pictures and words as opposed to videos. :)

Hi RLEG,

I will do. Good suggestion, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 am 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

Ratlizardelfguy wrote:

Hi RLEG, here you go...

Click the dropdown labelled "All Batreps" to choose reports or videos (i've already selected "Reports" in the 1st image below).

Reports includes linked reports and "in page" battle notes so if you only want to see the actual battle report links click the existing "Links" check box (see 2nd image below).

Battles page

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 12th July 2014)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Battle Cry !: "For Sigmar!"
Love: The Empire
Hate: Warriors of Chaos
Thanks Sigmar, the new development looks v. interesting.

NK.

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum
Noble Korhedron has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: WFBattles.com - Development (updated 12th July 2014)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm 
Master Assassin
Master Assassin

I've got a much bigger development on the way this week -Member Accolades, for those who post batrep links or extensive notes, ie. over 1,000 characters.

In a nutshell, members get awarded unique accolades for achievements. There will (hopefully) be 90 of them - 6 per Warhammer army. Each member can earn up to 6 accolades.

The accolade names are not quite finalised yet but they should be something like...

Legend of the... (for the most battles played with an army)
Lord of the... (for most wins per member army)
Hero of the... (for highest win% per member army)
Loremaster of the... (for total batrep ratings awarded per army)
Conqueror of the... (the member who has won against that enemy most)
Nemesis of the... (the member with the highest win% against that enemy)

Eg. "Swordthain, Legend of the Dwarfs" accompanied by a unique Dwarf mini image (as used on the add battle page)

Each member is awarded accolades for their best performing army in each category so a member get only get up to 6 accolades. Members are then ranked by the accolades they have.

Legend = 6 pts
Lord = 5pts
Hero = 4 pts
Loremaster = 3 pts
Conqueror = 2 pts
Nemesis = 1 pt

I'm still working on it, I want to get it ready for Friday 18th July. I'll keep you posted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next